Monday, July 22, 2013

From skirt to top

I found this thrifted skirt a while back...I'm thinking within the last year but I'm not sure where within that year it was ;)



Anywho, it didn't fit when I found it and still does not :( As a skirt, that is...so I started by removing the zipper. I then found the seam on the opposite side and opened it up through the skirt and liner.



I tried it on to make sure the armholes would work and adjusted slightly so that the new opening and the one where the zipper had been were even and the right size. Then, I simply finished off the armholes by sewing the outer fabric to the liner fabric.



Easy peasy! Here's how I'll wear it, with a thrifted belt for waist cinching...adding a jacket and boots for outdoor use ;) I've always wanted to do this with a pleated skirt either long enough to wear as a dress, or if a similar length to this one, to wear as a long top...guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the perfect one!

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

2 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

What a riot! It is so cute. Very good idea and well executed.
Kathy

Refashion said...

The top looks fab. I agree this woould work well on a pleated skirt.

Debbie EOD