Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nirvana Muscle Shirt


This started out as a refashion from a Nirvana T-Shirt to a T-Dress (see bottom picture for an example) but due to a cutting mistake ended up as a Muscle shirt!





The original T-Shirt.


The original plan was to use a knit dress pattern with the T-shirt used for the bodice and some stretch vinyl for the skirt but I mistakenly cut out the front using the back pattern. As I still wanted the picture at the front, I knew it would no longer work as a T-Dress as the shirt didn't have a lot of stretch and my daughter still has her toddler tummy. As the pattern placement allowed me to use the orginal collar as the neckline, I cut another back pattern out from the back of the T-Shirt and sewed it all together.

I still hadn't decided what it was going to be, but as soon as I saw it, I knew it had to be a muscle shirt for my skinny minny son. I left the armholes as they were with a raw edge and added a hem at the bottom by just sewing a folded over rectangle to the bottom, keeping the edges raw again just like Nirvana themselves. So my son now has a cool shirt even though its still too cold to wear it (its Winter in Australia).

This wasn't my first Nirvana T-Shirt refashion, earlier this year I made some T-Pants for his twin sister. Now they can match when they go out this summer and then look back at the photos and cringe at their 21st birthday!










If you are interested in seeing other outfits that I have refashioned and made, please visit my blog:


Cheers
Mary D

Orange Who? At least it's not all Pink and Blue

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I love these reincarnated t-shirts for your kiddos! Even the pink and frilly dress has some sass to it that cuts down on the "girly" factor. Can't wait for the twins to rock their matching refashions. :) -Seeks, EOD