Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beefing up my fall/winter wardrobe

Well, here in New Jersey, fall is in full swing and I. am. loving. it!!! I wanted to freshen up some perfectly good pairs of jeans by dyeing and bleach tie dyeing them, so I went about doing just that.



These were both boot cuts that I'd skinnified, but I have given up wearing anything white on my bottom half with a sticky fingered young child and the blue jeans were just surplus. To tie dye the blue jeans, I got them wet, mixed equal parts of bleach and water in a bucket, wrapped the jeans all up with rubber bands and submerged them in the mix. I took them out after a couple of hours, rinsed them then rewrapped and added them and more bleach to the mix to create a third layer of color. I love how they turned out and even my husband liked them which surprised me a little. But they do look modern and I think, very cool ;)



The white jeans got tossed into a dye bath with red and black dye mixed with hot water and salt...I was going for a much deeper color, so I'm not totally satisfied with how they came out. I plan on buying a red wine colored dye or maybe plum to give these a deeper hue. However, for the meantime, I will totally rock these!!!



A quick refashion on this jacket I found today at the half price sale in my local thrift store was all it needed to make it more modern, and for $6, I'm thrilled!


Before, the collar made it feel a little dated, and I am much more into a round collarless (what is this called?) neckline when it comes to leather jackets. I love the pale gray, and now without that collar, it is a perfect fall jacket! All I had to do was seam pick it off and then sew the new neckline closed...easy peasy and for me, it makes all the difference :)


I love that these refashions really needed very little sewing or major reworking...dye, bleach and a quick collar change and I've just added some cute, modern, on trend clothing to my wardrobe! Hope you like these and are enjoying your new season, weather you are transitioning into fall or spring/summer...enjoy!!!

Peace,
Andrea

I post my pics here on my FB page if you'd like to pop over: LittleDidYouKnow

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Great collection of wearable refashions!

Debbie EOD