Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Part 2 of the sequined jacket...

Remember this sequined jacket I made into a clutch a couple of days ago?

Yeah, well I had removed the lining very carefully in hopes that I could use it to make myself a sheer top...and it worked! I closed up the "front" and added an exposed zipper to the top so that I could slide my new top right over my head (otherwise I would've had to have changed the neckline...and I wasn't about to mess with that!) I took in the sides by several inches and finished off all of the hems and edges (because this was a lining, there were no finished edges, so to avoid fray I zigzagged this baby right up).

And here's the end result! I threw on a lace bodysuit that I thrifted and laundered earlier today, along with a refashioned skirt and some geometric gold jewelry! No outdoor shot on this one as I'm almost certain I would melt if I took one step out the door...heat wave in New Jersey, anyone? Yeah, I'd like the cooler weather back, thank you :) Anywho, there are two pieces that I'd cut off from the sides that were taken in that I am incorporating into another top refashion that I currently have in the works...hoping to post that momentarily!!!!



Now, I've got a few scraps of sequin fabric that I'm hoping to use up so that this is a no waste refashion...I'm thinking of some reverse appliqué in a knit top or skirt...what do you think? Triangle shaped bits of sequins randomly placed in a top? Wouldn't that be awesome!?!? Haha, we shall see what comes of that. Again, thanks for reading and for the constant inspiration you all provide :)

Oh, there were also little snaps on each shoulder that used to hold removable shoulder pads, that when snapped together change the strap/sleeve shape :)

Need to clean up the arm edges a bit, but I love this little feature :)

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

2 comments:

FairyFiligree said...

neat result - neat re-fashioning.....

Huli said...

Very cool! Love the sequinned triangles idea.. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!