Monday, April 04, 2011

Long Sleeve Ribbed T Makeover

Years ago I bought a long sleeve ribbed t-shirt. It wasn’t Juicy couture but still I wore it to death, eventually moved it to my pajama drawer and then one day decided to do a makeover on it. This poor little brown tee hiding out at the bottom of my pajama drawer had last seen the light of day during a Sunday afternoon Lifetime Movie marathon.

This little T is about to get a whole new life!

An hour later I had a brand new halter top!
Hello cute new halter top.
Head on over to my post Refashioning T-Shirts to see how I did it.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Very cute--the appliques go so well with it!

Refashion said...

It's a gorgeous refashion. I like the flower details.

Debbie
EOD

Lovenicky said...

Cute and quick to make! I'm sure you will get lots of use out of this top this summer.

American Nanny said...

I really try to use only "recycled" items when refashioning but I broke down and purchased these appliques from Joanne's Fabrics during one of their 40% off sales. If I had been a little more patient I could have used the crocheted flowers from a tablecloth I found at a garage sale this weekend. Oh well, I have lots more of these waffle t-shirts so I'm sure I'll use the tablecloth flowers on one of those :)

Ute said...

Brilliant idea and so cute! The flowers are great! Time to check out my worn out T-shirts...

Liebe Grüße von Ute

Anonymous said...

Lovely, looks like it has always been a halter top ! Perfect.