Monday, April 04, 2011

One Shoulder T-Shirt Refashion

I have a collection of short and long sleeve t-shirts with great graphics and (sob) crew necklines. I love a little T with jeans to kick around in but I’m so over the crew neck. This is my first crew neck recon – so please look on it kindly.

I was so excited to take over this T that I forgot to take a before picture. Sorry! But if you need a before pic you can gaze on this:

crew neck T that looks nothing like my T
One big snip with the scissors and a little sewing and this is what I ended up with:

Done!
 For lots of pics with accompanying instructions see my post Refashioned T-Shirt 1.


5 comments:

Lovenicky said...

Your tee is much sassier now that it's a 1-shoulder tee. Crew necks tees are not flattering on me neither. I have loads of tees that my hubby put in my refashion pile. I guess I'll have fun with them this summer too!

American Nanny said...

I have an idea to do the same trick of cutting the one sleeve off on an angle up to the opposite shoulder but then using the fabric I cut away to make a deconstructed collar that would make the t-shirt into a one-shouldered v-neck with (I like your word) sass! I'll post it once I've done it.

The Cat Hag said...

Wow that's daring.

I believe I will start sweating profusely if I was taking scissors to any of my clothes in case they dun turn out right. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

SEO said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed Your stuff. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Dress Shirts

American Nanny said...

Thank you SEO. If you've been reading my Irish Attic blog you'll see that I haven't been posting much lately. I've been so busy with my day job. Your comment has encouraged me to finish up a bunch of drafts and start posting them. If you're an Irish Attic subscriber you'll start seeing notices of new posts soon :)