Wednesday, October 05, 2011

1981 back-to-school dress to 2011 dress and skirt


Yep, that's me. In 1981. Starting first grade. How time flies! My own daughter started CP (the French equivalent to first grade) this year and my mom sent me my old dress. It was too short on my daughter and although it has a deep hem, I didn't want to let the hem down, because I felt the dress would look too unbalanced. So I cut it in two and made a skirt from the lower half. I used the upper half as the faux blouse in a basic corduroy jumper I made. Et voilĂ ! Thirty years later my back to school dress gets new life, as two outfits. Hurrah! More details on my blog.

4 comments:

Corina said...

Cool backstory. I don't think anyone saved any of my old clothes from the 80s. I could be dressing my daughter in neon right now. hah

La La Lauren!!! said...

Precious! Love the before pic!

Lauren
Editor on duty

Stacia said...

A two-for with a great story!

Wag Doll said...

Aw thats such a lovely story, and a great revamp!