Monday, July 16, 2012

A "hunting" we will go...

So, I've three different refashions to show today. All three were fairly simple and straightforward. Nothing fancy here, but I do love the results. The first is where I derived the title of the post today. I saw this skirt in the thrift store and it took me three weeks to decide it was worth getting (that and the fact that I got it at the 50% off sale). The hunting scene at the bottom was not my style and had to go! I simply cut across the bottom, following the slight curve of the original hem, folded it under twice, pinned it, and ran it through my machine. 
10 pts if you can spot the dinosaur toy! ;)
Yeah, I'm from MI, and yes, half of my class was absent from highschool on Nov. 15th each year, first day of hunting season (guns, that is), and I know way more about deer hunting than I'd prefer, but no, I'm not a fan of this. ;) But I love the birds, don't you?
Sorry this is so dark! 
I love the pockets on this skirt and its flowy nature...now, the next refashion is the silk top I'm wearing in the above photo. All I did was chop of the sleeves, roll over the edges a couple times and run them through my machine. I left it in its very large state because I really like the draping and blousing it allows when tucked in or belted. Here it is with some thrifted jeans and heels. It can totally be dressed up to go out, or worn casually for daytime.
Alright, the end is in sight! One last makeover to share. This is a lovely vintage dress I found at the thrift store (hmmm, sensing a theme? love my local thrift store!). Here is what I did with the bottom half...simply cut the dress in half, added elastic to the waist and there you go!
Sooooooo pretty, right?! Just wasnt working for me as a dress...
And here with the same silk top and a lovely belt and heels :)
Hope these easy refashions inspire you to some of your own! The after on the top of that dress is soon to follow, just a bit more to finish it off. And I think I'll have another hi-low skirt to show then as well, so stay tuned!

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

5 comments:

AVY said...

The birds are classic.


/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

The Renegade Seamstress said...

Really cute, fun and easy refashions. It's amazing what a snip and a stitch will do!!
Beth

Refashion said...

lovely refashions!

LaLaLauren
EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

As always a gorgeous refashion. The first skirt is cute and feminine. The purple skirt is elegant and flowing. It is great how you took a dress that look dated and turned it into something fresh and fabulous.

Andrea said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) Much appreciated!