Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Morning everyone! I have another refashion today for you, it is part of my 60 days of blogging to DC goal. It all started off with what I first referred to it as "Aqua Tent" b/c it was a tent.


This was a homemade dress b/c when I removed the sleeves, I could see the pattern notches. Plus there was no tag. I realized it was actually the perfect tiffany blue. So what did I do? I removed the sleeves, fixed the armholes, took it in, and then removed the length. Then I blinged it up with some pearls. Here is the end product.



This dress is actually a super fun dress. Its kind of light and airy with a dash of glam. I love beaded necklines so then I don't have to wear a necklace. :) For more pictures of the process to turn this dress upside down click here. I did learn that neck time I do this I will back the collar with interface. The beads do weigh it down some but nothing too dramatic.

Cheers,
LaLaLauren :)

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

Very cute! :)

cookiecrumbs said...

love it! Really nice colour for summer.