Wednesday, August 15, 2012

From Fancy Dress to Fabulous


I needed a dress to wear to a wedding on the weekend when inspiration come from a dress I bought about 15 years ago for a fancy dress party I went to dressed as a 1950's housewife. It's a handmade vintage dress in a bold fabric, with an old fashioned neckline and sleeves. Basically it's been worn by me a couple of times to fancy dress parties, but that's it.


I little bit of dye and some alterations to the neckline and sleeves and I have a dress that I love and that has a beautiful feminine shape. Very 'Mad Men' inspired.


You can find out a little more over here on my blog.

Thanks,
Sharon

3 comments:

Corina said...

Love it! Good call on the dye, it really improved the print.

concretenprimroses said...

Good job. The dye does take it out of the housedress realm.
Kathy

Refashion said...

OOOH! I love this dress! It is to die for! Love the color!

LaLaLauren EOD