Sunday, August 12, 2012

T-Shirt Recycling Finale!

Well I am calling this the finale of my mini-series, but I am sure there will be many more t-shirt refashions in my future. It was so much fun!
These dresses are basically made from the remnants of my upcycled shirts, and I posted a full tutorial on my blog: Of Dreams and Seams.


I added a piece of new crepe fabric for the skirt part, but since so many old shirts went into the top part, I think it's legitimate to still call it a refashion-project... ;-)


I made slight changes and variations between the two versions, all talked about in the tutorial...


Do you all buy less and less clothing too? I love it!
Best to all of you,
Katja

3 comments:

Refashion said...

I really love these dresses. The color combos are fun, and it looks super comfortable. Thanks for sharing such a fun series! -Seeks, EOD

pao said...

Just fabulous refashions from t-shirts! Yes, I do buy less and less, the more I use my old clothes for refashioning. In fact, I haven't bought or thrifted any apparel for over a year!

concretenprimroses said...

Fantastic dresses, and they look lovely on you.
You are a talented designer and seamstress.
Kathy