Saturday, August 25, 2012

Easy Peasy Peplum


I was determined to make a peplum top, but did not want to buy knit fabric, cut out a pattern, etc. Maybe I should have called this the lazy man's peplum. Perhaps it's not runway quality, but it's certainly  cute enough for everyday life. :) 


I started with a shirt that was about two sizes too large for me. You want the shirt to be long and swing freely around the bottom edge.



Decide where you want the peplum to start and cut across the shirt. Neatly cut off the sleeves.  Adjust the side seams to fit your measurements.

Run a basting stitch through the top of the peplum, gather, and adjust to fit the bottom of the shirt. With right sides together, pin and sew in place with a stretch stitch. That's it!

Come visit me at Wunderbar for more details and pictures. 





1 comment:

Refashion said...

How cute and classy! I am so much more likely to wear your refashion than I would be to wear its predecessor. Great job! -Seeks, EOD