Monday, August 20, 2012

Kimono Kool

Hello all! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.

I wanted to make one of those cool kimono style shirts you always see in People Style Watch magazine.  So off to the thrift store I went and found this:


Not so cool!  As you can see it's a tad large for me!

Not to worry as I had a few tricks up my (rather large) sleeves!  I removed the collar, took it in at the sides and added some satin trim and here is the final result:




You can read the details on my blog Refashion Forward! :)

-Laura M.

5 comments:

Julia said...

What a fantastic idea! And really nicely done... I'm already planning my copycat project :-)

Refashion said...

It's lovely. looks great on you.

debbie
EOD

Zoe said...

That's SO pretty! What an amazing transformation xx

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Julia- Be sure to post pics! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Julia- Be sure to post pics! :)